England — their semi-final opponents — beware. Ireland were suffocated and strangled by the defending world champs and put in one of the most impressive performances in Rugby World Cup history. It was a humiliating end to the career of captain Rory Best and outgoing Irish coach Joe Schmidt, but New Zealand were simply magnificent. Crestfallen Schmidt might have thought he was doing a walk of shame as he headed down to the pitch on 80 minutes, but every Ireland fan along the way lifted him every step of the way.
Ireland must face reigning Rugby World Cup champions New Zealand at the earliest opportunity in the knockout stages.
Advertisement The Irish side finished second in Pool A after suffering a shock defeat at the hands of hosts Japan. Rugby World Cup Fixtures, dates, times, TV and live stream schedule New Zealand are strong favourites to win the match and the tournament itself, and have been imperious throughout the RWC so far.
- Who of the last four will make the Rugby World Cup final?
- The two most recent world number ones will clash in a do-or-die battle. Here's your full preview and broadcast details.
- All Blacks vs Ireland by the numbers. Looking back through the history books, New Zealand and Ireland have faced each other 31 times.
- Click to playTap to play The video will start in 8Cancel Play now Get the biggest daily news stories by email Subscribe We will use your email address only for the purpose of sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights Thank you for subscribingWe have more newsletters Show me See our privacy notice Could not subscribe, try again laterInvalid Email Ireland have beaten New Zealand twice in their last three outings, and will have to rediscover similar form if they are to make it to the semi-finals.
They racked up three wins — including over Canada and over Namibia — before their game with Italy was cancelled due to Typhoon Hagibis. Never miss a match!
Sign up for sport on TV updates direct to your inbox Thanks! Register Sign me up!
Watch New Zealand vs Ireland rugby union live online
Sign up to get alerts for sport on TV and receive television and entertainment email newsletters from our award-winning editorial team. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- I have an issue getting to the service as I already purchased.
- Watch free rugby world cup all matches live from Japan on this free rugby page everyday without any delay. Rugby streaming becomes popular along with the popularity of the internet itself.
- It's pretty exciting; we're right where we want to be. Advertisement "It's taken them a long time to get there and obviously they enjoyed it," Hansen said of the drought-breaking win, "so they decided to keep doing it.
- Here is everything you need to know about the game. You can stream the match live on All 4.
- Ireland were suffocated and strangled by the defending world champs and put in one of the most impressive performances in Rugby World Cup history. It was a humiliating end to the career of captain Rory Best and outgoing Irish coach Joe Schmidt, but New Zealand were simply magnificent.
- T3 is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What time is New Zealand v Ireland? New Zealand v Ireland will kick off at am on Saturday 19th October Where is New Zealand v Ireland?
Rugby Live Stream and Coverage information
The game will take place at Tokyo Stadium, Tokyo. You can also live stream the match via ITV Hub on a range of devices including laptops, smartphones and tablets. Most highlights shows will take place around pm, though occasional days may differ. For exact timings, check out our RadioTimes.
Rugby World Cup fixtures.